Wednesday, September 29, 2010

games, knotting, doctor, sleep

I played and beat a couple of games recently. Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (good gameplay, but the story was weak) and The Darkness (great game, amazing story, really cool). I've moved on to Uncharted: Drake's fortune - which is also, ironically, one of my new favorite songs by Sara Bareilles.

I made a necklace for my room-mate's niece (more hemp knotting) - just sort of a fun little project and I'm hoping that it passes the muster of a teen-aged girl. If there's a harsher critic, I don't know of one.

I went to the doctor last week as a follow up from my septum un-deviation surgery. I think both the doctor and I were both a little disappointed that I didn't have a more massive improvement. I may be breathing a little better, but it's really tough to tell. I'm still snoring, though maybe not quite as bad. He did tell me that the inside of my nose looks "awesome" - so, I've got that going for me. He gave me a sample of Omnaris (Omnaris! To the nose!) to see if that helps and gave me additional options for more surgery. This would include deliberately scaring my soft pallet to reduce vibration or implanting something in there - or removing part of my uvula or the back of my tongue. None of it covered by insurance. Ummmm... no thanks. So, I'll see him again - maybe - in a few months for another checkup.

In other news... the magic code seems to have reduced the problems with my phone. I still don't have a great signal at home, but it's enough that it doesn't kill my battery.

I try not to write much about work since complaining specifically about your job is a dang good way to get your ass fired. But, I had a rough Monday that was mainly about processes that got in the way of getting things done. I ended up in a sort of 'cold war' with colleagues to help our clients. Very frustrating. I got a little more information today and I'm going to have to jump back into the very-polite-but-also-kinda-tense fray to see if I can make some progress.

I also haven't been sleeping well. Just sort of restless. Which is odd cause if there's one thing I'm good at, it's sleeping. I fall asleep easily, wake up only if I have to pee, and then wake fairly easily in the morning. Not sure what's going on - maybe it's the new pillow?

Better get back to it - got a long day ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment