Thursday, June 2, 2011

week 3 of Sumac 2011

So, I'm just past the midway point of week 3 of my poison sumac experience. I'm doing much better, but it's still not quite gone yet. Still doing the long-sleeve shirts and calimine lotion - with a dubious effectiveness. Though there have been a few times where I've stopped and thought "hey, it doesn't itch" - which of course makes it instantly itch again.

I hit the pool yesterday after work - the first time I've been back since the itch began. I think the chlorine in the water helped a bit - but it was counter-balanced by massive cramps in both calves. Very painful. I managed to "limp" my way through the last two laps, but it was rough. They are still sore today. Guess I need to eat more bananas.

I went over to the neighbor's for dinner on memorial day - they had grilled out. I had a couple hot dogs and two ears of amazing corn on the cob. I have a "kernel extraction" technique that impressed those assembled - and that was about the extent of the excitement for the weekend.

Work has been rough this week. I can't really go into it - other than to say that there are those that are actively opposed to their own success - and mine, incidentally. I'm getting close to unleashing some wrath.

Tired, sore, cranky, and itchy. Still so very itchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment