Saturday, July 24, 2010

vacation: the bad

And now for the bad. And I have a surprising amount of bad from this vacation.

1. My grandmother passed away. I mean, how much worse could can you get?

2. The drive was 10 hours each way. Which is pretty horrific all by itself. Add in my room-mate - who has been going to the same place on vacation for about a thousand years - still not being sure of the route to take. This is with years of experience, a map, and a freaking GPS. Which he argued with for the first 2 hours of the trip back before giving up and letting her guide us. He's going to be pissed that I wrote this in the blog, but dangit, pick a route and stick to it. He knows how completely insane that indecision makes me because I've told him how insane that indecision makes me.

3. My room-mate and siblings argued with every single conversation they had. Every single one. I counted and it was all of them. Ugh.

4. I got bitch slapped and owned by the waves. I got in my time/distance, but it was rough. I looked good in my "Daniel Craig as James Bond" Speedos, but I was the ocean's bitch.

5. My room-mate drove the Sea-Doo like an old man. Every time we got up to speed, he'd drop the throttle and we'd slam to a stop. I mean, seriously.

6. I had computer problems to fix. My uncle's were easy to address on windows 7, but I had some vista issues on another machine that I could not surmount. Very frustrating.

7. Parking the Sea-Doo involved me getting into the canal and lifting on the machine while my room-mate pulled it onto the mini-dock. I did not smell very fresh afterwards and was quite sore.

8. We ate out at the same places we ate out at last year. And the wait on one of those trips? 2 hours. The food? Not worth a 2 hour wait.

8. We had plans to go places and do things, but ended up spending much of the time sitting in the sun. I was bored. A lot. And this was a bigger deal than it seems. I was just kinda of hoping for an adventure or two and it was just more of the same.

On the bright side, I wasn't at work. But, sheesh. I know I'm really poor at relaxing, but the lack of fun on this trip was staggering. There's got to be something more.

And just writing this has put me in bad mood. I think I need to go back and read about the fun parts of my trip again.

No comments:

Post a Comment