Tuesday, April 12, 2011

accidental frappuccino

I headed over to the nearby school of law today for a beverage - since the computer center vending machines don't have the selection or the convenience of using our campus ID for payment. My co-worker went with me since he wanted to get out of the office for a few minutes as well.

I swiped my card and punched in the code for a cranberry juice. The machine did its thing, but when the bottle dropped, it neatly wedged itself between the plexiglass front, a side panel, and the corner. I gave the machine an experimental shove and quickly concluded that I was out of luck. I swore quietly and my co-worker came over to give it a try. He used what was right on the edge of excessive force, and then went ahead and crossed the line to excessive. To the point that I thought he might break the machine - not a good thing in a building full of lawyers.

After a few moments, something odd happened. The cranberry juice bottle refused to budge - of course - but another bottle fell instead. In the far upper left corner of the machine are the really pricey drinks and apparently they are vulnerable to machine shaking. Down tumbled a cold bottle of Starbucks Coffee Vanilla Frappuccino - which I've never tried.

We quickly headed back to the office - leaving behind the stranded bottle of juice in favor of the iced coffee drink.

It was good. It tasted of anarchy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment