Tuesday, October 27, 2009

spooky



I've been getting into the Halloween spirit early this year. I got my costume done a couple weeks ago and I've had some time to relax a little and get ready for the big day. Last week, I went with some friends and saw Paranormal Activity. There were some nice jump out at you moments, but the camera and the lack of like-able characters detracted from the flick.

I also worked on some jack-o-lanterns - as evidenced above. My room-mate designed the one on the right, but I did all the carving and scooping of the innards. I also roasted some pumpkin seeds, but they didn't turn out as well as I would have liked.

I helped my room-mate with his costume as well and we got to wear them to an early Halloween party. And everyone had a blast! Almost everyone was in costume and there was lots of food and great conversations. My room-mate won first prize and I got second. We contributed this year since we've won a lot in year's past and I think that should have taken us out of the running this time around. Got some nice gift cards out of it though.

I'm taking this Friday off for my campus walk around - don't want work to get in the way of the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment