Wednesday, October 28, 2009

teleportation, orange

I almost teleported again today. I was on my way up campus to swim and the walk - what with the occasionally pain in my knee - had me ever so slightly daunted. I remember thinking... "what if I could just...?" and then I felt a strange stillness come over me. As though my molecules were slowing down and getting ready for something. My breathing stilled and I think if I'd stopped walking and found a moment between heart-beats, a little concentration would have sent me 3 blocks closer to my destination. I didn't stop walking and my breathing went back to normal, but it was a near thing, I think.

Note that I said "teleported again". I'm pretty sure I've teleported before, though it was many years ago. I was in high school and the house we were living in at the time was in a somewhat wooded area. It was a fall afternoon, cool, but bright sunshine. We were heading somewhere and I left the house via the side door. There was a single concrete step down to the pavement level and as I stepped down I saw something out of the corner of my eye, right up against the step that I had just cleared.

There wasn't even time for my brain to register "snake" and I was already all the way across the very wide driveway. Witnesses to the event were amazed at my speed - I'm certain that my feet didn't touch the ground and pretty sure that I didn't actually exist in that in-between space. Instinctive teleportation is the only real answer.

The snake was harmless and my dad took it down the hill and across the road. We saw some shed snakeskin later on around the place, but never saw the snake again.

In other news... all the lines at the student union for food were very long today. So, I opted on just getting some snacks. 2 packs of cheese and peanut butter crackers. 1 bag of cheddar and bacon potato skins. 1 bottle of orange tangerine LifeWater.

All orange foods. Very strange.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the snake incident vividly. Still gives me chills. I'm glad you went out the door first, big brother.

    Your food doesn't sound too healthy - although it does sound good.

    ReplyDelete