Wednesday, May 12, 2010

getting caught up

A couple weeks ago, I did my Swim for Diabetes. This was a week after I'd done three miles in the pool and I wanted to try it again. The pool was nearly empty, not many people were participating that day. I did my three miles without any trouble. In fact, I think I could have gone farther. My count matched up with the the official's length count - which was a relief - and I got a pin for my efforts. I'm in the process of gathering the donations now.

Last weekend, I visited my family - and my brother-in-law's family - for my niece's dedication at church. We played some games and had a nice time. The drive was rough again - can't seem to get used to that - but it was worth the effort. My sister and brother-in-law are doing such an amazing job with my niece - it's really awesome to see them in action.

My room-mate's sister is coming in for a visit. She'll be staying a few days and may help him do some gardening if the weather clears. I suspect we'll go out to eat a few times in any case.

In video game news... I beat Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. Good game - and the Chimp-o-matic weapon is a lot of fun. (turns your enemies into chimps)

It's pretty quiet here in the office today. One of my colleagues is on his honeymoon and two others are at a conference. Our student assistant is gone for the summer and it's just me and one other colleague today. Speaking of which, I need to check to see if he got my email.


No comments:

Post a Comment