Thursday, March 3, 2011

spongeBieber


One of co-workers and I have been sharing a SpongeBob SquarePants figure for a few months now. It actually belonged to one of his kids, but he brought it into work for some reason and we've taken to hiding it in each other offices. I get in earlier than he does and he stays later than I do - so, we've each got a window of opportunity. Sometimes behind a computer monitor or in the fake plants on my desk, the unspoken rule is that some part of SBSP must be visible. Not long ago, I decided to up the game. I tied elastic strings to SBSP's legs and hung him upside down from the ceiling in my co-workers office behind the door - as though the plastic figure had bungie jumped off the door. It was a few days before my co-worker noticed the strings hanging down from the ceiling and laughed out loud when he realized what I had done.

It took me a while to find SBSP when he was next hidden in my office and I decided to have a bit of fun. I did a little search on the internet and found a cartoon version of Justin Bieber. I resized this and printed it out - then used a little tape and string to make a mask for SBSP. I brought the now disguised figure and put it on my co-workers desk - right out in the open.

I'm looking forward to my co-workers reaction - and I'm already staring to plan for the next round. :)

Update -

I stopped by his office this morning and asked if he'd found SBSP yet. He said he hadn't looked for him and my eyes went to the spongeBieber on his desk. He followed my eyes, realized what I'd done, and burst out laughing.

Even better than I'd hoped - the disguise worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment