Tuesday, December 8, 2009

There goes the tree again

I was in the basement wrapping presents yesterday when I heard my room-mate get home. He said something like "not again!" and I came up to see what was going on. The Christmas tree, which I'm pretty sure was standing up when I got home, had fallen down again. More broken ornaments - this time with broken limbs as well. While the tree was still on its side we tried to adjust the base and tighten it up a bit. The duct tape being used to thicken the trunk so that the base would grip it seemed to be the problem, so I suggested we replace the tape or use wooden blocks and tape to get it back in place. Actually, I really just wanted to screw a hook into the wall and anchor it that way, but my room-mate wasn't having any of that. So, I went out to the garage and cut some chunks of wood and then he got under the tree and I stood there holding the tree up. It was still leaning, so we tried additional wood under the base.

Still leaning, but now in new and exciting directions. I suggested a new tree base or perhaps a new tree since this one give anyone that touches it a rash. Maybe after the holidays when we can get one on sale.

If it falls again - he's on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment