Friday, December 18, 2009

You want that when?

Yesterday was a rough day at work. Late morning I found out that I needed to build two websites - one of those was for credit card payments - and then update a third one when all was said and done. And they needed it by 4:00 that day. I told everyone involved to get me the info we needed and I would get it done - after the Traditional Thursday Awesome Chipotle Burrito. I got everything done in record time and got the final approvals at 3:55.

In unrelated news... the day before I was running short on time for lunch and got a bag of Chili Cheese Potato Skins chips. They tasted pretty good, but I could not get rid of the aftertaste no matter what I tried. Mints, cough drops - neither worked. I was worried that I had somehow tainted my own soul and was going to taste this forever, but it went away later that day.

Today, we had a meeting about the strategic plan for the university. It was okay - the necktie I was wearing cut into my oxygen supply and I had some trouble concentrating - might have been a really awesome meeting for all I know. There were a few good questions and comments to the president of the university - and a couple that were so insanely and painfully stupid that I feared for the sanity of the entire human species. Yes, they were that bad. If I had cringed any more, I would have collapsed in on myself like a black hole.

I hit the pool afterwards and got in my laps - and got moved to another lane when a swim team showed up to practice. I always feel so... slow, when the high schoolers hit the pool, but at least I'm trying.

We had a quick webteam meeting today as well. Looks like we're moving to a new office of cubicles, instead of the larger cube farm we currently inhabit. And my new cubicle will be... slightly smaller. Which is not a big deal, though at one point there was some discussion on me getting my own office. Politics and optimum space utilization stood in the way of that - and it's just as well. Not sure when the move will be happening, most likely early next year.

1/2 an hour to go today - it's been really dragging. I think I may go get a beverage and wrap up some email.

No comments:

Post a Comment