Thursday, March 18, 2010

Until you swim a mile in my flippers...

Well, I did do a mile in the pool yesterday - but I skipped the flippers. I'd been scaling back the laps in favor of working on speed, but I kicked it up a notch yesterday and did a full mile. Gotta get ready for the Swim for Diabetes coming up.

My aunt's brain surgery is coming up tomorrow. It's ironic when I think of the number of times I've described something simple as "It's not brain surgery" - well, this is.

I'm worried about her and her family and I'll be thinking about her tomorrow. Well, I'm thinking a lot about her anyway, but especially tomorrow.

Chipotle was good today, maybe not quite as awesome as usual, but the company was good. One of our co-workers joined us - he's a volunteer EMT and had some interesting stories to tell. They might have troubled a lesser crowd, but my room-mate is a funeral director and I've heard far, far worse.

I've been playing a pretty cool game called inFamous. Pretty slick graphics and a good story. I keep getting my ass kicked, but I'm still having fun.

I'm running some errands this afternoon and may be stopping by my FRM's mom's apartment to help her hook up her new phone. I suspect it will be a simple job.

Well, time to get out of here. I'm hoping to enjoy a bit more of the sunshine today.

No comments:

Post a Comment