Monday, March 1, 2010

A nice day for a white wedding

Last week was pretty rough at work. In fact, the last three weeks were pretty rough - but I'm still employed and that's more than a lot of people can say. So, I should just shut my mouth and be thankful.

One thing I will say though is that the new office is much noisier. The floorplan is different and the openings to our cubicles face each other. So, over the weekend, I bought some noise canceling headphones. I haven't fired them up yet since I'm the only one here - I'll report more later.

On Saturday, I went to a wedding for one of my co-workers. The music was good, the service was short, and the wait between wedding and reception food was minimal. All good things. I did a little folding at the reception, managed to avoid talking about work, and enjoyed the food. Didn't stay too late - my room-mate was there too and on call - and the Grim Beeper went off. Still, really nice wedding and a good time - despite the crazy amount of snow.

I ran some errands on Sunday, read a couple of books, and then got invited to see Shutter Island.

Ummm... yeah, this sucked. A guy investigates an institution for the criminally insane - what could possibly be the plot twist? Oh, yeah, he's the crazy one. I figured that out in during the opening credits. Good actors, so much potential, ordinary plot. As the closing credits rolled, I said out-loud - "What was that crap?" I also wanted to try a personal lobotomy to see if that would undo watching the movie, but wasn't sure which eye to use.

I'm debating a trip to Illinois. My cousins have made special effort to invite me and make sure I have a place to stay, but the drive.... the drive really intimidates me anymore. It's almost three hours to my parents place or my sister's - and then 6 + hours to Illinois. Then drive all over the place while there and turn around and come back. I know I should just quit complaining since my parents make the drive and it takes them much longer and my sister has a new baby on the way. And it will be fun seeing everyone, but... it's that drive. I'm still debating it.

I'm going to try and get out of here a little early today - giving blood this afternoon. So, I'd best best get to work.

1 comment:

  1. You make it sound like I'm pregnant again. I haven't forgotten the pain of the first one yet.

    You are welcome to come with us if you want to. We are leaving right after work on Friday.

    ReplyDelete