Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dancing like a white guy

So, catching up....

On Saturday, I went to the eye doctor's for a check up and to order new glasses. The doctor said that my optic nerve area was enlarged - a precursor to glaucoma - though my eye pressure was normal. They'll need to schedule a follow up visit with me in a month or so for more tests. So, a little scary there and something of a downer. I picked out some new glasses, but I wasn't all that excited about that.

Saturday evening, some friends issued an invite to go see "the Box" - based very loosely on a short story I had read a while back. It was pretty good and presented some interesting ethical issues. Got invited out to a bar in Akron and played some wii - being the only sober person gave me an advantage. The music was good and I joined the crowd on the dance floor. I danced like a white guy, but at least I was trying. And had a lot of fun - didn't get home until almost 2:00

On Sunday, I made up for watching a pretty good movie by watching a terrible one. The Cell 2 - wretched. I endured the whole thing, just to see if they would blow out their effects budget at the end. They did - and it still sucked.

When the movie was done, I sat outside and got a little sun while I read a book - turned out to be a pretty nice day.

Yesterday, I went and gave blood. Pretty standard stuff, except the technician couldn't find his watch and had to use mine to time the antiseptic. He was pretty funny - and impressed with how quickly the donation progressed. I felt fine - though the needle site hurt a little. I was also in and out of the canteen in record time.

Later that evening, while trying to watch a DVD, we had a problem with the speaker system. The set up has never worked all that well and my room-mate created a serious issue when he dared to suggest that we "hire the geek squad to come out and fix it". I countered with a phrase that I'm pretty sure was like "There's no freaking way the geek squad is coming in my house!"

We then turned off the system and turned it back on - and it was fine. Go figure.

Got a meeting coming up - time to get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment